Take our FREE Assessment and You Will Be
Contacted By A Certified BHRT Physician
The Vampire Procedures: Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
Natural Facial and Skin Rejuvenation Using Your Own Blood
WHAT IS PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma
Use your body’s own healing properties found in Platelet Rich Plasma, PRP to stimulate hair restoration, facial rejuvenation, sexual dysfunction (Women & Men) and breast rejuvenation.
What are the Different PRP Procedures?
- PRP Hair Restoration – Experience thicker, stronger hair naturally and without surgery. Stem cells in the blood are utilized to regenerate scalp tissue. Once the scalp tissue is regenerated, the hair follicles can produce the necessary hair growth.
- PRP Vampire Facial & Facelift – Both procedures use stem cells and growth factors in the blood to stimulate new collagen formation in the skin, to repair sun damage and to reduce wrinkles and fine lines – naturally.
- O-Shot – Aging, multiple pregnancies or certain medical conditions can cause women to experience incontinence or sexual dysfunction. The O-Shot refers to an injection of PRP into the vaginal wall to regenerate healthy vaginal tissue.
- P-Shot – Men may sometimes suffer from incontinence or sexual dysfunction due to diabetes, post-Prostate cancer, certain prescription medications or simply aging. A P-Shot is an injection of PRP into the penis to promote healing and rejuvenation.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy involves using your body’s own blood and your own platelets (small, round, thin blood cells that help blood to stop flowing from a cut by becoming thick and sticky) to stimulate the body to repair, rebuild, and regenerate using your body’s own natural processes.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy has been used extensively by sports medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, oral surgeons, plastic surgeons for over 20 years. More recently there has been much excitement around the use of PRP for a number of aesthetic conditions. It is being used for the face, neck, hand and body, and is becoming the latest trend in facial rejuvenation, known as PRP facial rejuvenation.
WHAT ARE THE AESTHETIC BENEFITS OF PRP?
As you age, the body naturally slows its production of collagen and the collagen that is present begins to break down. PRP can help to slow or reverse the signs of aging by stimulating collagen and elastin production. It can be used for a natural approach to volumizing and to:
- Repair aged and sun-damaged skin
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles
- Diminish the vertical lip lines (known as the “bar code lines” in Europe)
- Diminish crow’s feet
- Reduce smile lines
- Reduce the creepy skin under the eyes and neck
- Diminish acne scarring
- Diminish burn scarring
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks
HOW IS IT DONE?
Doctors take a small vial of the patient’s blood, drawn from the forearm in a special patented blood tube, and then spun in a special centrifuge at very high speeds to separate the platelets from the red blood cells. The centrifuge separates out and concentrates the platelets into what is referred to as the “platelet-rich plasma” (PRP).
The PRP is then activated with a solution that is natural to your own body and re-injected into the face, neck, hands, or body in order achieve a regenerative effect by stimulating collagen and elastin production and the formation of new blood vessels. The growth factors that the platelets naturally release initiate a wound healing cascade that gradually increase collagen which can increase the thickness and overall health of the skin leading to skin rejuvenation.
DOES IT HURT?
PRP is given via an injection using very fine needles. The treatment is not painful. Topical or local anesthetics are administered prior to the injections and there is usually no pain after the procedure.
ARE PRP INJECTIONS SAFE?
Because the PRP is processed from your own blood, there is no risk of allergy or rejection with this treatment.
ARE RESULTS IMMEDIATE?
No. Immediate swelling and redness is what you will see first. Over a few weeks, the platelets will stimulate the growth factors to increase collagen production. Collagen rejuvenation can take from 6 weeks on depending on the starting condition of your skin and your lifestyle habits. Results are visible by 8 weeks and progressively improve gradually over the coming months with improvement in skin texture, tone and elasticity. Proper skin care and maintenance, inclusive of light therapies can augment the results
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Redness, minor bruising or swelling that may last a week.
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Because we are using a very natural process to regenerate collagen, longevity of the results depends on the proper care of the skin. Better results can be expected as more treatments are received. 2-3 treatments will help results last up to 18 months. Minimal improvement is expected for those who smoke, use alcohol or drugs.
CAN IT BE COMBINED WITH OTHER PROCEDURES?
Yes. The PRP procedure can be combined with Botox, dermal fillers, laser therapy and facial surgery.